Science Communications Specialist
Butler Communications Bldg.
Sam is the Science Communications Specialist for NCARS and N.C. PSI. She received her B.A. in International Political Economy from the University of Puget Sound in 2015 and completed her M.S. in Agriculture, Food, and Environment from Tufts University, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy in 2019. She has over five seasons of farming experience in the U.S. and Europe in organic fruits and vegetables, hogs, broilers, layers, and flowers. Sam spent two and a half years as the Brand Manager at a CPG food startup in Boston before shifting into communications for higher education. Before coming to NC State, she was the Assistant Director of Communications for the Division of Global Engagement at the University of Oregon. She has extensive writing experience and specializes in marketing and communications strategy.
- Tackling Nutrient Use From Multiple Angles
- Nuclear Engineer Brings the Fourth State of Matter to Farmers
- The 'Spider Sniffer': When Farmers and Faculty Unite
- Lab Rats to Field Mice: The N.C. Plant Sciences Initiative's Inaugural Backroad Tour
- Zombie Deer and the Scientists Behind the War on the 'Man Eater'
- Connecting Field and Lab with an Eye Toward Extension
- Entomology Grad Student Participates in First Regulatory Science Internship Program