More than $1 million in scholarships are available to students just like you.
Note: The scholarship application for continuing students opens December 1 for the 2021-2022 academic year. Newly admitted students should apply as soon as they are admitted.
If you received a CALS scholarship, you are required to reapply to continue receiving your award. Mark your calendar for when the application opens and apply ASAP.
Newly Admitted Students
Apply for CALS Scholarships as soon as you’re accepted to NC State.
$1 Million in Scholarships
CALS awards more than $1 million in scholarships and fellowships to over 600 students each year, most in the $1,000 to $2,000 range. In 2017, 88% of CALS scholarships were awarded to current undergraduate and Agricultural Institute students.
Scholarships and Financial Aid Deadlines
See the deadlines below to apply for financial aid and respond to award letters. Failure to complete required applications or meet these deadlines can reduce the amount of aid or disqualify you from receiving aid. Review our Financial Aid Tips page for more information.
Note: The scholarship award will be included later in the University Financial Aid package but is pending return of thank-you note.
- October 1: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- December 1: CALS Scholarship application opens for continuing students, including undergraduate, AGI, and graduate students
- February 1: CALS Scholarship application opens for admitted students
- March 1: Deadline to submit FAFSA (submit early for optimal consideration)
- Late Spring: CALS Scholarship offers are disbursed