Spend a Day at State
Want to learn more about the 4-year and 2-year programs in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences? Come spend a day with us.
Check out our in-person and virtual options.
Registration for our spring 2022 Spend a Day at State for high school juniors, seniors and transfer students will open in mid-January.
Our 4-year program includes:
- CALS overview session (get to know our college and the perks of being a CALS student)
- Major chats (conversation with a departmental representative in your major of interest)
- Pack chats (conversation with a current student in your major of interest)
- Class observation – see what it’s like to be in a CALS class
- Apply to CALS information – an overview of the NC State admissions process and guidance for CALS applicants
Learn more about our 4-year programs through the current visitation options.
Spend a Day with the Agricultural Institute
Are you interested in learning more about the Agricultural Institute (AGI), the 2-year Associate of Applied Science degree program at the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences? Spend a day with us and learn more about what AGI has to offer you. Your visit will include:
- A meeting with the AGI Director
- An appointment with an advisor in your area of interest
- Attending an AGI class
- Lunch with a current student
Interested in applying to a CALS major?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can parents and guardians attend the sessions?
Yes. We strongly encourage parents/guardians to attend all in-person or virtual sessions with their students.
I will need a school excuse note to participate. How can I obtain one?
Contact us at email@example.com with your request, and we will be happy to provide a note.
Is there an in-person, guided tour of campus?
You can attend an on-campus tour led by an NC State Student Ambassador. Guided campus tours will be offered Monday through Friday starting at Talley Student Union. You can expect to walk around the main campus for approximately one hour. Learn more at visit.ncsu.edu.