- This event has passed.
Workshop: Advancing Computer Skills in Plant Breeding
December 13, 2022 | 8:00 am - December 16, 2022 | 5:00 pm
This workshop is open to students, postdocs and faculty.
Plant Science Initiative (PSI), Seminar Room 1322A
NC State University Centennial Campus
840 Oval Drive, Raleigh, NC 27606
Modules: taught by teams of faculty, post-doc, and students
Introduction and demos by the team
Practice on sample data sets
Dates and Modules
- Experimental design in plant breeding – Jason Osborne
- Image analysis for high-throughput phenotyping: applied image segmentation and machine learning using OpenCV and Tensorflow in Python – Mark Watson
- Application of DNA markers for QC – Trevor Walker, Yu-Ming Lin, Nasir Shalizi
- Predictions of breeding and genetic values – James Holland and Fikret Isik
- Analyses of binary traits – Fikret Isik
- Genetic relationships and GBLUP – Christian Maltecca, Fikret Isik
- Using DNA markers for disease screening – Jeff Dunne, Ryan Andres
- Linkage and QTL mapping in diploid and polyploid species – Massimo Lorizzo, Marcelo Mollinari
Maximum 30 people. The fee is $300. It covers lunches and coffee breaks. Free to NCSU grad students.
Deadline for registration: November 14, 2022
Plant Breeding Consortium
Cooperative Tree Improvement Program
North Carolina State University