- This event has passed.
Workshop: Advancing Computer Skills in Plant Breeding
December 13, 2022 | 8:00 am - December 16, 2022 | 5:00 pm
This workshop is open to students, postdocs and faculty.
Plant Science Initiative (PSI), Seminar Room 1322A
NC State University Centennial Campus
840 Oval Drive, Raleigh, NC 27606
Modules: taught by teams of faculty, post-doc, and students
Introduction and demos by the team
Practice on sample data sets
Dates and Modules
- Experimental design in plant breeding – Jason Osborne
- Image analysis for high-throughput phenotyping: applied image segmentation and machine learning using OpenCV and Tensorflow in Python – Mark Watson
- Application of DNA markers for QC – Trevor Walker, Yu-Ming Lin, Nasir Shalizi
- Predictions of breeding and genetic values – James Holland and Fikret Isik
- Analyses of binary traits – Fikret Isik
- Genetic relationships and GBLUP – Christian Maltecca, Fikret Isik
- Using DNA markers for disease screening – Jeff Dunne, Ryan Andres
- Linkage and QTL mapping in diploid and polyploid species – Massimo Lorizzo, Marcelo Mollinari
Dr. Fikret Isik (Co-director of Tree Improvement Program), email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Carlos Iglasias (Director of Plant Breeding Consortium), email: email@example.com
Maximum 30 people. The fee is $300. It covers lunches and coffee breaks. Free to NCSU grad students.
Deadline for registration: November 14, 2022
Plant Breeding Consortium
Cooperative Tree Improvement Program
North Carolina State University
- Submit an event to the University calendar
Be sure to select the department “College of Agriculture and Life Sciences”. Events submitted to “College of Agriculture and Life Sciences” will be reviewed and added to the appropriate calendars.