Assistant Professor, Food Engineering
Schaub Food Science Building, Room 236B
Area(s) of Expertise
- Food processing techniques such as cold atmospheric pressure plasma, high-pressure processing, microwave processing, extrusion, ultraviolet processing to ensure food safety and quality.
- Investigation of the role of physical properties of food to control excessive caloric intake and enhance nutrient absorption in human gastrointestinal tract.
- Numerical modeling of transport phenomena in biological and food engineering.
- Principles of Food and Bioprocess Engineering (FS231)
- Emerging Research in Healthy and Sustainable Food (FS623)
- Non-thermal Processing Technologies for Foods (FS591)
- Institute of Food Technologists
- International Association for Food Protection
Please visit our lab website for more information.
Ph.D., Biological and Agricultural Engineering, Louisiana State University (2008)
M.E., Food Engineering and Bioprocess Technology, Asian Institute of Technology, Pathumthani, Thailand (2005)
B. Tech. , Agricultural Engineering , Dr. B. S. Konkan Agriculture University, Dapoli, India (2003)