Extension (80%) and research (20%) responsibilities for commercial floriculture.
Research: diagnostics, plant nutrition, water quality, plant growth regulators, and economics.
Extension: Focus includes providing production information and diagnostic services to commercial greenhouse floriculture operations. Area of specialization includes plant nutrition, plant growth regulators, and problem diagnostics. Primary crop focus includes pansies, bedding plants, poinsettias, and general potted plants.
Ph.D Horticulture Purdue University 1995
M.S. Agricultural Economics Purdue University 1988
B.S Horticulture Purdue University 1985
B.S Agricultural Education Purdue University 1985
- Hyperspectral Imaging With Machine Learning to Differentiate Cultivars, Growth Stages, Flowers, and Leaves of Industrial Hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) , FRONTIERS IN PLANT SCIENCE (2022)
- Impact of Macronutrient Fertility on Mineral Uptake and Growth of Lactuca sativa 'Salanova Green' in a Hydroponic System , HORTICULTURAE (2022)
- Characterization of nutrient disorders of ornamental Brassica oleracea 'Red Bor' , III INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON GROWING MEDIA, COMPOSTING AND SUBSTRATE ANALYSIS (2021)
- Customizing the leaf tissue nutrient ranges for blue and pink hydrangeas , JOURNAL OF PLANT NUTRITION (2021)
- Enhancing blue hydrangea sepal coloration by applying aluminum sulfate through constant liquid fertilization , III INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON GROWING MEDIA, COMPOSTING AND SUBSTRATE ANALYSIS (2021)
- Industrial hemp vegetative growth affected by substrate composition , III INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON GROWING MEDIA, COMPOSTING AND SUBSTRATE ANALYSIS (2021)
- Refinement of conventional and OMRI fertilization of pot grown Solanum lycopersicum , III INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON GROWING MEDIA, COMPOSTING AND SUBSTRATE ANALYSIS (2021)
- The Impacts of Micronutrient Fertility on the Mineral Uptake and Growth of Brassica carinata , AGRICULTURE-BASEL (2021)
- Characterization of Nutrient Disorders and Impacts on Chlorophyll and Anthocyanin Concentration of Brassica rapa var. Chinensis , AGRICULTURE-BASEL (2020)
- Impact of Phosphorus on Cannabis sativa Reproduction, Cannabinoids, and Terpenes , APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL (2020)