Extension (80%) and research (20%) responsibilities for commercial floriculture.
Research: diagnostics, plant nutrition, water quality, plant growth regulators, and economics.
Extension: Focus includes providing production information and diagnostic services to commercial greenhouse floriculture operations. Area of specialization includes plant nutrition, plant growth regulators, and problem diagnostics. Primary crop focus includes pansies, bedding plants, poinsettias, and general potted plants.
Ph.D Horticulture Purdue University 1995
M.S. Agricultural Economics Purdue University 1988
B.S Horticulture Purdue University 1985
B.S Agricultural Education Purdue University 1985
- Customizing the leaf tissue nutrient ranges for blue and pink hydrangeas , JOURNAL OF PLANT NUTRITION (2021)
- The Impacts of Micronutrient Fertility on the Mineral Uptake and Growth of Brassica carinata , AGRICULTURE-BASEL (2021)
- Characterization of Nutrient Disorders and Impacts on Chlorophyll and Anthocyanin Concentration of Brassica rapa var. Chinensis , AGRICULTURE-BASEL (2020)
- Impact of Phosphorus on Cannabis sativa Reproduction, Cannabinoids, and Terpenes , APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL (2020)
- Liming Requirements of Greenhouse Peat-based Substrates Amended with Pine Wood Chips as a Perlite Alternative , HORTTECHNOLOGY (2020)
- Measures of Canopy Structure from Low-Cost UAS for Monitoring Crop Nutrient Status , DRONES (2020)
- Night interruption lighting equally effective as daylength extension in retaining the vegetative state of Cannabis mother plants , CROP FORAGE & TURFGRASS MANAGEMENT (2020)
- Restricting Phosphorous Can Manage Growth and Development of Containerized Sweet Basil, Dill, Parsley, and Sage , HORTSCIENCE (2020)
- Characterization of Nutrient Disorders of Cannabis sativa , APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL (2019)
- Expanding Leaf Tissue Nutrient Survey Ranges for Greenhouse Cannabidiol-Hemp , CROP FORAGE & TURFGRASS MANAGEMENT (2019)