Extension (80%) and research (20%) responsibilities for commercial floriculture.
Research: diagnostics, plant nutrition, water quality, plant growth regulators, and economics.
Extension: Focus includes providing production information and diagnostic services to commercial greenhouse floriculture operations. Area of specialization includes plant nutrition, plant growth regulators, and problem diagnostics. Primary crop focus includes pansies, bedding plants, poinsettias, and general potted plants.
- Source-sink interactions lead to atypical reproductive stage phosphorus deficiency symptoms on the upper foliage of Capsicum annuum and Chrysanthemum x morifolium (2018)
- Phosphorus restriction as an alternative to chemical plant growth retardants in Angelonia and New Guinea impatiens (2018)
- Growth response of herbaceous ornamentals to phosphorus fertilization (2017)
- Modeling impact of nitrogen carrier and concentration on root substrate pH (2017)
- Nutrient disorders of Dianthus 'Bouquet Purple' (2016)
- Pine wood chips as an alternative to perlite in greenhouse substrates: Nitrogen requirements (2016)
- Paclobutrazol drench activity not affected in sphagnum peat-based substrates amended with pine wood chip aggregates (2016)
- Growth control of 'Imperial Dark Blue' Plumbago with ethephon, flurprimidol, and paclobutrazol substrate drenches (2016)
- Flurprimidol preplant corm soaks or drenches affect potted gladiolus production (2015)
- Paclobutrazol or ancymidol effects on postharvest performance of potted ornamental plants and plugs (2015)
Ph.D, Horticulture, Purdue University (1995)
M.S., Agricultural Economics, Purdue University (1988)
B.S, Horticulture, Purdue University (1985)
B.S, Agricultural Education, Purdue University (1985)