Extension (80%) and research (20%) responsibilities for commercial floriculture.
Research: diagnostics, plant nutrition, water quality, plant growth regulators, and economics.
Extension: Focus includes providing production information and diagnostic services to commercial greenhouse floriculture operations. Area of specialization includes plant nutrition, plant growth regulators, and problem diagnostics. Primary crop focus includes pansies, bedding plants, poinsettias, and general potted plants.
- Characterization of Nutrient Disorders of Cannabis sativa, APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL (2019)
- Expanding Leaf Tissue Nutrient Survey Ranges for Greenhouse Cannabidiol-Hemp, CROP FORAGE & TURFGRASS MANAGEMENT (2019)
- Restricted Phosphorus Fertilization Increases the Betacyanin Concentration and Red Foliage Coloration of Alternanthera, JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE (2019)
- Nutrient Disorders o Burley and Flue-Cured Tobacco: Part 1-Macronutrient Deficiencies, CROP FORAGE & TURFGRASS MANAGEMENT (2018)
- Nutrient Disorders of Burley and Flue-Cured Tobacco: Part 2-Micronutrient Disorders, CROP FORAGE & TURFGRASS MANAGEMENT (2018)
- Phosphorus restriction as an alternative to chemical plant growth retardants in Angelonia and New Guinea impatiens, HortTechnology (2018)
- Source-sink interactions lead to atypical reproductive stage phosphorus deficiency symptoms on the upper foliage of Capsicum annuum and Chrysanthemum x morifolium, Scientia Horticulturae (2018)
- Growth response of herbaceous ornamentals to phosphorus fertilization, HortScience (2017)
- Modeling impact of nitrogen carrier and concentration on root substrate pH, Journal of Plant Nutrition (2017)
- Growth control of 'Imperial Dark Blue' Plumbago with ethephon, flurprimidol, and paclobutrazol substrate drenches, HortTechnology (2016)
Ph.D, Horticulture, Purdue University (1995)
M.S., Agricultural Economics, Purdue University (1988)
B.S, Horticulture, Purdue University (1985)
B.S, Agricultural Education, Purdue University (1985)