Extension (80%) and research (20%) responsibilities for commercial floriculture.
Research: diagnostics, plant nutrition, water quality, plant growth regulators, and economics.
Extension: Focus includes providing production information and diagnostic services to commercial greenhouse floriculture operations. Area of specialization includes plant nutrition, plant growth regulators, and problem diagnostics. Primary crop focus includes pansies, bedding plants, poinsettias, and general potted plants.
- Characterization of Nutrient Disorders and Impacts on Chlorophyll and Anthocyanin Concentration of Brassica rapa var. Chinensis, AGRICULTURE-BASEL (2020)
- Impact of Phosphorus on Cannabis sativa Reproduction, Cannabinoids, and Terpenes, APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL (2020)
- Liming Requirements of Greenhouse Peat-based Substrates Amended with Pine Wood Chips as a Perlite Alternative, HORTTECHNOLOGY (2020)
- Night interruption lighting equally effective as daylength extension in retaining the vegetative state of Cannabis mother plants, CROP FORAGE & TURFGRASS MANAGEMENT (2020)
- Restricting Phosphorous Can Manage Growth and Development of Containerized Sweet Basil, Dill, Parsley, and Sage, HORTSCIENCE (2020)
- Characterization of Nutrient Disorders of Cannabis sativa, APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL (2019)
- Expanding Leaf Tissue Nutrient Survey Ranges for Greenhouse Cannabidiol-Hemp, CROP FORAGE & TURFGRASS MANAGEMENT (2019)
- Restricted Phosphorus Fertilization Increases the Betacyanin Concentration and Red Foliage Coloration of Alternanthera, JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE (2019)
- Nutrient Disorders o Burley and Flue-Cured Tobacco: Part 1-Macronutrient Deficiencies, CROP FORAGE & TURFGRASS MANAGEMENT (2018)
- Nutrient Disorders of Burley and Flue-Cured Tobacco: Part 2-Micronutrient Disorders, CROP FORAGE & TURFGRASS MANAGEMENT (2018)
Ph.D, Horticulture, Purdue University (1995)
M.S., Agricultural Economics, Purdue University (1988)
B.S, Horticulture, Purdue University (1985)
B.S, Agricultural Education, Purdue University (1985)