Area(s) of Expertise
80% Extension, 20% Research
- Develop publications, training materials and in-service training programs to aid county extension agents in their efforts to assist North Carolina growers.
- Develop new technologies for growers to understand and implement effective best management practices to optimize ecosystem services.
- Evaluate new plant introductions and cultivars for adaptation to the southeast US.
PhD Rooting and Physiology of Stem Cuttings of Loblolly Pine NC State University 2005
MS Concerns and Induction Assistance Programs of Beginning Teachers in Exploring Biotechnology NC State University 1998
BS Horticulture Virginia Tech 1990
- A Theory of Planned Behavior-Informed Evaluation of Growers' Intent to Use Automated Nursery Technologies , HORTICULTURAE (2022)
- Factors correlated with the propensity to use automation and mechanization by the US nursery industry , AGRIBUSINESS (2022)
- High pH, Low Alkalinity Pond Water Used for Overhead Irrigation Does Not Affect Plant Growth of Select Flowering Shrubs , Journal of Environmental Horticulture (2021)
- Microbiome Variation Across Two Hemlock Species With Hemlock Woolly Adelgid Infestation , FRONTIERS IN MICROBIOLOGY (2020)
- Scale Insect Records from Ornamental Plants Help to Prioritize Plant Health Resource Development , PLANT HEALTH PROGRESS (2020)
- Variable colonization by the hemlock woolly adelgid suggests infestation is associated with hemlock host species , BIOLOGICAL INVASIONS (2019)
- Exploring variation in phyllosphere microbial communities across four hemlock species , Ecosphere (2018)
- Assessing the integrated pest management practices of southeastern US ornamental nursery operations , Pest Management Science (2012)
- SEASON-LONG INSECTICIDE EFFICACY FOR HEMLOCK WOOLLY ADELGID, ADELGES TSUGAE (HEMIPTERA: ADELGIDAE), MANAGEMENT IN NURSERIES , FLORIDA ENTOMOLOGIST (2011)
- In vitro shoot regeneration and polyploid induction of rhododendron 'Fragrantissimum Improved' , HortScience (2010)