Area(s) of Expertise
My work focuses on teaching hands-on skills in the oldest processed food in the world — beer. Areas of expertise include malting and brewing, distilling, grain farming, and climate resilience process adjustments.
My primary research interest lies in low and non-alcoholic beer production and Kevik yeast management.
- Introduction to Brewing Science and Technology (BBS/FS 325)
- Brewing Practices and Analyses (BBS/FS 326)
- Brewing Equipment, Controls and Operations (BBS/FS 427)
Extension and Outreach Activities
- NC State University craft beer and distilling ambassador
- NC Craft Brewers Guild
- Master Brewers Association of the Americas
- Craft Maltsters Guild
- Certified Maltster and Brewer (IHK Munich, Germany)
- Certificate in Distilling (IBD, London, UK)
- Founding member of the NC Craft Brewers Guild
M.S., Social Sciences, Humboldt-University Berlin, Germany