Clint Stevenson is an associate professor in the Department of Food, Bioprocessing and Nutrition Sciences at North Carolina State University. He began his academic career as a freshman studying food science and eventually earned his B.S. at the University of Idaho, M.S. at Purdue University and Ph.D. at NC State University. Prior to his current position, Clint worked in quality control and quality assurance through internships and jobs with Nestle, Kraft, General Mills, Heinz, and Schreiber Foods.
Clint manages an instructional design lab that creates innovative learning objects and assesses their impacts on students’ knowledge, skills, interests in food science careers, and behavioral intentions.
- Lead Instructor, Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance
- Lead Instructor, International HACCP Alliance
- Certified HACCP Auditor
- NC State University Certificate of Accomplishment in Teaching
Coordinating and teaching a distance education Food Safety Manager Certificate program, which includes the following courses:
- FS 250 Basics of Food Safety & Quality
- FS 350 Intro to HACCP
- FS 416 Quality Control in Food & Bioprocessing
Go to foodsafety.ncsu.edu to learn more.
Extension and Outreach Activities
Developing and delivering online training programs for food quality assurance professionals, such as the following:
- Intro to Microbial Food Safety Hazards
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Intro to HACCP
- Environmental Monitoring for Food Safety
- And, more. Go to foodsafety.ncsu.edu to learn more.
- Chair-Elect, Institute of Food Technologists Education, Extension and Outreach Division
- Member, National FFA Association Food Science Career Development Event Steering Committee
- Faculty Advisor, Nu Chapter of the Alpha Gamma Rho chapter
Stories about Clint Stevenson, Ph.D.
- NC State Takes Training on a Virtual Tour
- Food Safety In Virtual Reality
- Team Up for Food Safety
- Student Project Boosts Sustainability at Howling Cow Creamery
Ph.D. Food Science North Carolina State University 2012
M.S. Food Science Purdue University 2007
B.S. Food Science University of Idaho 2005
Area(s) of Expertise
Assessing the effectiveness of various teaching methods and instructional design, determining the education, training and workforce needs in food safety and quality assurance, and applied quality control research projects.