Applying for Scholarships
Students accepted for admission to NC State can apply for CALS Scholarships by completing an online scholarship application.
The CALS Scholarship and Awards Committee requires this application for consideration of scholarships from CALS. Continuing students also must submit the online application each year to maintain their scholarships.
CALS offers awards in Spring to recipients and releases them within students’ scholarship portals. Students will use their portal to upload acceptance and thank you notes, as well.
The CALS Scholarship and Awards Committee may disqualify students based on incomplete scholarship applications; therefore, we recommend students take their time and answer every question. Before you begin the application, see these helpful tips for applying for scholarships and financial aid, and review the application deadlines.
The CALS Scholarship and Awards Committee reviews applications each year and selects students who meet the requirements set by each scholarship’s donors. Eligibility may include any of these criteria:
- Academic merit or potential
- Professional interests
- Extracurricular activities
- Academic major
- Financial need
- Residency status (state of residency, county of residency)
To remain in good standing, scholarship recipients must:
- Meet each scholarship’s academic requirements (described in the scholarship portal for the recipient)
- Send a thank-you note to the award steward(s)
- Attend the CALS Donor Recognition Event hosted by the donor(s) during the spring semester
- Re-apply for their scholarship each year (application guarantees consideration, but not necessarily renewal)