CALS Certificate Programs
Personalize your education.
CALS offers much more than traditional degrees. Students can customize their learning experience through undergraduate and graduate certificate programs offering 15 to 18 credits of structured coursework in a specific area.
Many of these certificates are available to online and distance students who need an education with the flexibility to fit into their busy lives.
Undergraduate certificates allow a variety of learners to develop a specialized skill set, train on a new subject, and/or enhance their academic experience. All programs require at least 12 credit hours and have been approved by the Chancellor.
Apply for each program through the Distance Education website.
- Agricultural Business Management
- Agricultural Leadership
- Agronomic Crop Production
- Animal Nutrition
- Feed Milling
- Food Safety and Quality Management
- Fundamentals of Entomology
- General Horticulture
- Plant Pests, Pathogens and People
- Soil Science
World-class graduate certificate programs taught by NC State faculty in varying formats to best suit your lifestyle and learning objectives.
- Agricultural and Extension Education
- Agriculture Data Science – Available Spring 2020
- Family Life Education and Coaching
- Feed Science
- Horticultural Science
- Leadership and Volunteer Management
- Watershed Assessment and Restoration
- Youth Development and Leadership
North Carolina is home to many innovative and effective agricultural and life science leaders. CALS grows leaders in every corner of the state, across all sectors of society, with the skills and passion to tackle grand challenges.