Area(s) of Expertise
Extension responsibilities for weed management in tree fruit and vine crops in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. Address grower needs through production meetings, on-farm visits and demonstrations. Also responsible for updating recommendations in state and regional publications.
Research interests include herbicide screening for fruit crops and weed/crop interactions as it relates to critical weed-free periods for fruit.
- Evaluating weed control and response of newly planted peach trees to herbicides, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF FRUIT SCIENCE (2018)
- In-row vegetation-free strip width effect on established 'Navaho' blackberry, Weed Technology (2018)
- Vegetation-free width and irrigation impact peach tree growth, fruit yield, fruit size, and incidence of hemipteran insect damage, HortScience (2015)
- The North Carolina winegrape grower's guide (2007)
- Tree growth, fruit size, and yield response of mature peach to weed-free intervals, Weed Technology (2007)
- Response of five summer-squash (Cucurbita pepo) cultivars to halosulfuron, Weed Technology (2006)
- Snap bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) tolerance to halosulfuron PRE, POST, or PRE followed by POST, Weed Technology (2006)
- White clover (Trifolium repens) control and flower head suppression in apple orchards, Weed Technology (2005)
- Weed control in apple and peach orchards with Azafenidin, Proceedings, Southern Weed Science Society (1998)
- Response of transplanted watermelon (Citrullus lanatus) to ethalfluralin applied PPI, pre, and post, Weed Technology (1997)
MS, Horticulture, NC State University (1994)