Area(s) of Expertise
Extension responsibilities for weed management in tree fruit and vine crops in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. Address grower needs through production meetings, on-farm visits and demonstrations. Also responsible for updating recommendations in state and regional publications.
Research interests include herbicide screening for fruit crops and weed/crop interactions as it relates to critical weed-free periods for fruit.
MS Horticulture NC State University 1994
- Tolerance of muscadine grape to 2,4-D choline postemergence-directed , WEED TECHNOLOGY (2023)
- Tolerance of plasticulture strawberry to 2,4-D choline applied to row middles , WEED TECHNOLOGY (2022)
- Tolerance of southern highbush blueberry to 2,4-D choline postemergence-directed , WEED TECHNOLOGY (2022)
- Evaluating weed control and response of newly planted peach trees to herbicides , INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF FRUIT SCIENCE (2018)
- In-row Vegetation-free Strip Width Effect on Established 'Navaho' Blackberry , WEED TECHNOLOGY (2018)
- Vegetation-free width and irrigation impact peach tree growth, fruit yield, fruit size, and incidence of hemipteran insect damage , HortScience (2015)
- The North Carolina winegrape grower's guide , (2007)
- Tree growth, fruit size, and yield response of mature peach to weed-free intervals , WEED TECHNOLOGY (2007)
- Response of five summer-squash (Cucurbita pepo) cultivars to halosulfuron , WEED TECHNOLOGY (2006)
- Snap bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) tolerance to halosulfuron PRE, POST, or PRE followed by POST , WEED TECHNOLOGY (2006)