Danesha Seth Carley
Area(s) of Expertise
Director for the NSF Center for Integrated Pest Management (CIPM) and the Center of Excellence for Regulatory Science in Agriculture. Her research, academic, and outreach programs focus on Sustainable Managed Landscapes. Her focus is primarily on insect pollinator habitat conservation how landscapes (gardens, public green space, etc.) can contribute to pollinator protection. Other recent projects include the restoration of historic Pinehurst No. 2 and No. 4 Golf Courses. She is also the NC IPM Coordinator and manages the EIP grant program for North Carolina.
- Mata, M., D. Seth Carley, E. Youngstead, J-J. Dubois, T. W. Rufty. 202X. Bee Nutrition in a Changing Climate. PlosOne. Submitted.
- Seth Carley, D., L. A. Gragg, M. J. Taggart, T. W. Rufty. 2021 Estimation of water stress tolerance of six woody plant species. Horticulture International Journal. 5(2): 64-72.
- Seth Carley, D. and K. Armbrust. 2021. Making the Case for Regulatory Science in Agriculture. ACS Agricultural Science & Technology. Manuscript ID: as-2021-00011y.
- Billeisen, T.L., L.D. Kilpatrick, D. Seth Carley, R. L. Brandenburg. 2021. Presence of Pollinator-Friendly Habitat on Pollinator Communities in Managed Turfgrass Systems. International Turfgrass Society Research Journal. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/its2.56.
- Levine, S.L., J. Giddings, T. Valenti, G.P. Cobb, D. Seth Carley, L.L. McConnell. 2019. Overcoming Challenges of Incorporating Higher-Tier Data in Ecological Risk Assessments and Risk Management of Pesticides in the United States: Findings and Recommendations from the 2017 Workshop on Regulation and Innovation in Agriculture. Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management (IEAM). 15(5): 714–725. doi: 10.1002/ieam.4173.
- Mata, M., D. Seth Carley, A. Hamblin, and J-J Dubois. 2019. Community Outreach as a Tool for Bee Conservation Efforts. Journal of Extension. 57:5 https://joe.org/joe/2019october/tt5.php
- Seth Carley, D., D.L. Jordan, C.L. Dharmasri, B.B. Shew, T.B. Sutton and R.L. Brandenburg. 2018. Examples of Differences in Red Edge Reflectance and Normalized Difference Vegetative Index caused by Stress in Peanut. Crop, Forage, & Turfgrass Management DOI: 10.2134/cftm2018.06.0042.
- Environmental influences on growth and reproduction of invasive commelina benghalensis, International Journal of Agronomy (2016)
PhD Crop Science and Plant Pathology NC State University 2006
MS Entomology and Plant Pathology University of Tennessee 2001
BS Biology Earlham College 1998