Landscapes of Opportunity
Donors help protect and conserve natural resources in North Carolina by sustaining its agriculture and forestry for future generations.
Landscapes of Opportunity offers unique opportunities for landowners of agricultural, commercial, conservation, historic, industrial and residential properties.
I am so impressed with the farmland preservation opportunities at NC State. Donating our family farm to the college was a great way to provide a tribute to the research my son Allen started.
Jurleen N. Davis
All services provided to potential donors are confidential and without charge. Here’s how to get started:
- Contact the CALS Advancement Office at NC State or any of the 101 county-based NC Cooperative Extension offices throughout the state.
- If the property is of interest to the college, it will be assessed (at no cost) by a team of professionals (scientists, field faculty, tax benefit specialists, real estate officers and foundation officers from NC State).
- We will schedule a site visit and meeting with the owner/representative(s).
- If the property’s resources and material value are consistent with that of the college, the transaction will begin with a negotiation of terms.
The CALS Advancement team will be available to the landowner/representatives to determine eligibility for any financial and tax benefits.
If a property is not suited for Landscapes of Opportunity, we may be able to help a landowner find a more appropriate organization to accept the land deal/gift of a property or easement.
Landscapes of Opportunity is a business model approach that assures the landowner’s goals are maintained, protected and maximized.
- Permanently protect your land or farm
- Generate income for retirement
- Support conservation-related issues
- Establish a family or corporate legacy
- Avoid capital gains taxes
- Reduce income taxes
- Lower tax appraisals
- Qualify for the NC Conservation Tax Credit Program
- Possible estate tax charitable deduction
To learn more about Landscapes of Opportunity or if you are considering a gift, contact the CALS Office of College of Advancement.
Sonia Murphy, Assistant Dean for College Advancement
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
NC State University
NCSU Box 7645
Raleigh, NC 27695-7645
This information is not intended to take the place of counsel from your own tax and estate advisors, with whom any significant gift should be discussed.