Staff members play an important role in meeting the college’s overall goals, and the CALS Leadership Office provides programs for their professional and leadership development. Partnerships with CALS Personnel, CALS Office of Diversity and Inclusion and others make these programs possible.
Individual to Leadership Program
Given the work and the responsibilities of our SHRA and non-faculty EHRA leaders, the CALS Leadership Office has launched the Individual to Leader (i2L) Development Program for Managers and Supervisors. The i2L-Managers will establish a path in the college that builds the foundation for its pipeline of leaders while helping managers move from being an individual contributor to a leader responsible for the welfare and outcomes of their followers.
The goal of the i2L-Managers is to provide focused, in-depth developmental opportunities to strengthen and encourage leadership in participants. The program is divided into six, 2.5-hour sessions and offers training to assist supervisors who:
- Are interested in both informal and formal leadership roles within the college or other areas of campus.
- Have an interest in gaining insight into how they manage and lead so they can become more effective within their professional and personal roles.
- Want to improve their efficiency in day-to-day management.
- Desire to learn how to improve communication and conflict management skills.
- Wish to be more effective with their team(s).
- Are open to gaining self-awareness so they can become better leaders.
- Aspire to serve as a positive role model for their staff.
- Have the willingness to learn, stretch and grow their understanding of themselves and how they can best lead others.
Information about the next i2L sessions will be coming soon.
Contact CALS Leadership Office
Have questions about our leadership programs or how to take part? Call or email Rhonda Sutton, director of College Leadership Programs:
Rhonda Sutton, Ph.D.
Director of College Leadership Programs
CALS Leadership Office
Patterson Hall, 210E
Campus Box 7602