Opening Doors to New Opportunities
Staff members play an important role in meeting the college’s overall goals, and the CALS Leadership Office provides programs for their professional and leadership development.
Individual to Leadership Program
Given the work and the responsibilities of our SHRA and non-faculty EHRA leaders, the CALS Leadership Office launched the Individual to Leader (i2L) Development Program for Managers and Supervisors in the spring of 2019. The i2L-Managers establishes a path in the College that builds the foundation for its pipeline of leaders while helping managers move from being an individual contributor to a leader responsible for the welfare and outcomes of their followers.
The goal of the i2L-Managers is to provide focused, in-depth developmental opportunities to strengthen and encourage leadership in participants. The program is divided into six, 2.5-hour sessions and offers training to assist supervisors who:
- Are interested in both informal and formal leadership roles within the college or
other areas of campus.
- Have an interest in gaining insight into how they manage and lead so they can
become more effective within their professional and personal roles.
- Want to improve their efficiency in day-to-day management.
- Desire to learn how to improve communication and conflict management skills.
- Wish to be more effective with their team(s).
- Are open to gaining self-awareness so they can become better leaders.
- Aspire to serve as a positive role model for their staff.
- Have the willingness to learn, stretch and grow their understanding of themselves
and how they can best lead others.