Undergraduate Courses Online
The Horticultural Science Undergraduate Certificate Program offers a number of online courses. These may be taken as part of a certificate or degree program, or by non-degree-seeking students on a course-by-course basis. For those interested in taking individual courses without enrolling in a degree or certificate program, you must first enroll as a Non-Degree Studies (NDS) student.
Visit NC State’s Undergraduate Online and Distance Education tuition rates page for detailed information about the fee schedule for online courses. The current estimated cost per credit hour for 2021-2022 (North Carolina residents) is $272.29 for undergraduate-level courses.
Below is a partial list of applicable courses offered online. Jump to a course description by clicking the course in the list below. To view the most up-to-date course listings, please visit the Student Services Center website. Please note that not all courses are offered every semester, and may be canceled due to low student enrollment. Not all courses listed in the NC State Course Catalog can be offered online.
List of Online Horticulture Courses
- HS 200 – Home Horticulture
- HS 201 – World of Horticulture: Principles and Practices
- HS 202 – Power of Plants: Appreciation and Use
- HS 203 – Home Plant Propagation
- HS 204 – Home Landscape Maintenance
- HS 205 – Home Food Production
- HS 250 – Home Landscape Design
- HS 432 – Permaculture: Sustainable Living
- HS 451 – Plant Nutrition
- HS 462 – Postharvest Physiology