Responsible for teaching graduate course in plant stress physiology. Research on the molecular mechanisms of plant stress responses, and the use of biotechnology in nontraditional breeding of crops with increased stress tolerance. Current focus is on the role of mannitol in salt tolerance and pathogen resistance.
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma, B.S. in Botany 1971
- Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA, M.S. in Physical Oceanography 1972
- Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon, Ph.D. in Botany 1985
- A fuzzy expert system for a wave soldering process, Proceedings of the 8th International Fuzzy Systems Association World Congress. August 1999 (1999)
- Curved search based neural network learning using fuzzy control, Proceedings of the 8th International Fuzzy Systems Association World Congress. August 1999 (1999)