The CALS Communications team hosts a monthly or bi-monthly workshop for all CALS departmental and unit communicators and communications enthusiasts. These sessions focus on best practices, tips, and tools to ensure we are on-brand and effective in telling our college’s story.
We also seek to provide a space for networking and discussion among communicators in our college.
At these workshops, CALS Communications provides the latest practical guidance on various communications and marketing topics. Have a topic you want us to cover? Email us.
Workshops are typically on the third Thursday of the month from 10 to 11 a.m. Check back later for more scheduled workshops.
|2024 Day of Giving
|Topics will include best practices for social media leading up to and during Day of Giving, prioritizing and promoting challenges, and amplifying key messaging.
|CALS Communications and CALS Advancements
Catch up on previous CALS Comm Workshops on YouTube.
Day-to-Day Communications Strategy
Our goal is to make your life easier while ensuring your amazing stories get the coverage they deserve.
- Have great students? Send them this Q&A sheet to fill out (make sure to view it in Adobe Reader), proof and post.
- Have great faculty? We have a Q&A template for them.
- Amazing alums? Same idea, different questions.
Ask for headshots with all of these, maybe write a brief introduction, and you have good content with less than 30 minutes of work.
The best way to save time is to plan and know the CALS message.
- CALS Brand Promise and Core Messages – keep these in mind as you write, and you’ll never go wrong.
- A strategic monthly communications plan at a glance – five easy pieces: CALS Comm Monthly Content Strategy. Four of those will take you half an hour or less.
- When you start to write, use the CALS Comm Post Planner to save time by quickly organizing your thoughts to stay on message.