This page provides CALS-specific administrative updates and information related to COVID-19 and the day-to-day operations of our college.
Have a Question?
Have other questions? Submit a question to CALS Administration.
Note: If you have trouble accessing this page's content, clear the cache and restart your browser.
Ask CALS Administration >>
CALS COVID-19 UpdatesMore Updates
Apr 8, 2021
Employee Emergency Loan Program
Effective April 2, the new program will allow NC State faculty, staff, county employees, house officers and postdoctoral scholars to borrow money for short-term emergencies.
Mar 30, 2021
Essentially CALS: Tom Mease
Although many of us are working from home, a few necessary people must physically stay on campus, or go out into their communities, to keep the CALS Community up and...
Help Us Tell the Stories of the CALS Community
These are unprecedented times, but the CALS community continues to live into its land-grant mission. Our community is doing remarkable work to ensure educational excellence and to continue to serve our stakeholders.
Help us identify stories of our extraordinary 4-H youth, CALS students, staff, faculty, alumni and stakeholders as they go above and beyond to serve others during this time. Like 4-H groups making masks for their neighbors, and faculty and Extension agents learning and leveraging new technologies to provide hands-on-learning to our students, and virtual field days for our growers.
A Message from Dean Linton
Dean Linton shares updates on NC State’s efforts to protect our students, faculty, staff, and stakeholders and encourages continued vigilance for personal health and well-being.
Links and Resources
- CALS HR – Guidance, Workforce Planning and Racial Equity Resources for Fall Semester (updated 8/12/2020)
- County Operations HR Guidance and Resources (updated 8/11/2020)
- University HR – Return to Onsite Work Resources page (added 8/12/2020)
- DOL Poster: Employee Rights Under the FFCRA
- HR-Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Remote Work: A Toolkit for Working From Home
- NC State CARES (Student Behavioral Case Management at NC State)
- Faculty and Staff Assistance Program
- Training and Development Opportunities Via Zoom
CALS Business Operations
- CALS Business Operations (CBO) Updates and Guidance
- CALS Contracts and Grants Updates and Guidance
- A central location for information related to research projects (ledger 5 projects) impacted by COVID-19.
- CALS IT Resources and Requests
- How to Create a Virtual Background on Zoom
- University Questions and Information Form
- Use this form to submit information/FAQs related to COVID-19 preparedness.
- Pandemic and Communicable Disease Guidelines and Resources
- Social Distancing and Telework Guidelines
- NC State Emergency Management & Mission Continuity
- COVID-19 Resources for Alumni
- Pack Essentials
- A program that provides a central place for students to access basic needs resources from across campus.