VetCAMP 2024 Application Timeline and Camp Dates
VetCAMP is a 5 day summer camp hosted by the Veterinary Professions Advising Center (VetPAC) at North Carolina State University. Since 2011, this camp has educated students about careers in veterinary medicine and the various opportunities within the field. Camp activities include a tour of the College of Veterinary Medicine, basics of a small animal clinic, hands-on experience with horses, sheep and pigs at the NC State Animal Education Units, suture and dissection labs, learning about NC State majors and more!
VetCAMP 2024 Camp Dates
In-person Week 1: July 8 – July 12, 2024
In-person Week 2: July 15 – July 19, 2024
Virtual Week: June 17 – June 21, 2024
Denied Applicants for in-person VetCAMP 2024 will be offered admission to the Virtual VetCAMP week. More details regarding Virtual VetCAMP 2024 will be posted soon.
Friday, January 26th 2024 at 9:00am EST
Friday, April 5th 2024 at 5:00pm EST
Please note that the pricing for VetCAMP 2024 has not been finalized. Please check back in Early December.
Option 1: Day Campers*
- Day camper rates are $650.00 for the week. This rate includes lab materials, camper shirts/binders/backpacks, transportation, program materials, and lunch everyday.
Option 2: Overnight Campers*
- Overnight camper rates include the base rate of $650.00 + overnight accommodations + required breakfast package. This total includes lab materials, camper shirts/binders/backpacks, transportation, and everyday lunch, a single occupancy room, and breakfast for Monday-Friday. To reduce the potential risk for COVID-19, VetCAMP will only offer single occupancy rooms for overnight campers.
- A breakfast package is required for overnight campers for Monday – Friday morning.
- Dinner is not provided by VetCAMP. Campers are responsible for purchasing their dinner for each night of camp. Overnight campers will be escorted by Overnight Camp Counselors to restaurants within walking distance of their housing accommodations each evening after camp.
- Overnight accommodations selections:
- VetCAMP 2024 will not be using University Towers for overnight accommodations. Please check back in December for updates on pricing and lodging options.
*Prices are not final, and have the potential to change
Check out VetCAMP on Instagram- @ncstate_vetcamp
Applications for VetCAMP 2024 will open January 26th, 2024 at 9:00am EST. The application link is available at the bottom of this webpage.
VetCAMP applications are reviewed as they are received. Final decisions regarding acceptance will be sent in mid- to late-April via email to the student and parent/guardian emails provided in the application.
VetCAMP conducts a holistic review of all applications and does not make final decisions until after all applications have been received on April 5th. Applicants can expect final decisions to be sent to all invited, wait-listed, and declined participants after April 19th.
Typically, a maximum of 5 candidates per week are wait listed. In this case, we will contact you by late May in regards to a final decision.
In order to be eligible for this program, all of the following conditions must be met:
- Student must be a rising high school sophomore, junior, or senior. Rising college freshman are also accepted.
- The student must be 15 years old by June 1, 2024
- The VetCAMP application must be completed and payment must be received by the deadline (see above).
- Unofficial High School Transcripts must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org if they are not uploaded into the application at the time of completion. Applications without accurate transcripts received by the application deadline will be considered incomplete and be disqualified from the applicant pool.
- The VetCAMP application fee is $26.00 per week that the student applies to be considered for.
- Students will complete one application and mark the weeks that they want to be considered for in the application. The application will calculate the payment accordingly.
- Please note that students can only be selected for 1 week of VetCAMP, but applicants that apply to more than 1 week have a greater chance of being accepted as they are applying to be considered for 1 of 80 spots (both weeks) as opposed to 1 of 40 spots (1 week).
- Attending virtual VetCAMP does not disqualify students from attending future in-person VetCAMP sessions, and can strengthen future applications.
- All fields containing an asterisk must be completed and cannot be left blank.
- The entire process can take upwards of 30-45 minutes to complete as you will be asked questions about your personal information, academic information, extracurricular information, and required to provide short essays.
- The application uses a character limit that counts the total number of spaces, letters, numbers, and symbols. This is significantly shorter than a word limit.
The VetCAMP application fee is nonrefundable.
Campers invited to VetCAMP after the application deadline will receive an email invitation to VetCAMP along with the camp fee payment page link. VetCAMP camper fees can only be refunded within 15 days of payment. Once the cancellation deadline has passed, no refunds will be issued.
Any additional questions or comments can be sent to email@example.com
To learn more about VetCAMP and pre-veterinary life at NCSU, sign up to chat with VetPAC during a Spend A Day At State session.