VetCAMP Application and Eligibility
VetCAMP is a highly competitive summer camp with an average of 5 applications per 1 camp spot. Applicants are strongly encouraged to utilize the entire character count offered within their application to convey their passion for exploring veterinary medicine, their leadership/volunteer/extracurricular experiences, and their commitment to academic success. Strong VetCAMP applicants are those that display a strong ability to handle academic rigor, leadership skills and diverse extracurricular experiences, and thoughtful essay responses.
The VetCAMP 2023 application deadline is April 7th, 2023 at 5:00pm EST. No late applications will be accepted. If you experience trouble while submitting the application, the VetPAC office staff are available to assist with technical errors until 3:00pm EST Monday-Friday at (919-515-8760 OR 919-515-1277).
Submitting an application to VetCAMP does not guarantee acceptance. Due to the high volume of applications each year, VetCAMP completes a holistic review of all applications and selects the most competitive students based on their applicant’s demonstrated academic success, demonstrated leadership skills and diversity within extracurricular experiences, as well as thoughtful and thorough essay responses.
Yes! VetCAMP is a highly competitive camp that cannot accommodate all applicants each year. With this in mind, VetCAMP looks favorably on reapplicants and especially looks for robust answers describing ways that students have improved their academics and demonstrated growth in their leadership roles and extracurricular activities.
Campers who attended Virtual VetCAMP 2020 or Virtual VetCAMP 2021 are eligible to apply for in-person VetCAMP programming.
Campers who have already attended an in-person VetCAMP are ineligible to apply for VetCAMP a second time.
Each spring, the VetCAMP Application Committee conducts a holistic review of every complete application received. Application decisions are made on the basis of GPA, the strength of applicant essays, listed animal/veterinary experience, leadership experiences, and community service. While applications are reviewed as they are received, final rankings of applicants are not created until after the final application deadline has passed and all applications have been reviewed.
VetCAMP 2023 application decisions will be sent via email to all emails provided in the application on Friday April 21st 2023 at 5:00PM EST.
Requests for early decisions cannot be accommodated as the application committee does not make final decisions until after the application closes and all applications have been reviewed.
VetCAMP 2023 accepts 40 students per week of programming with a 5 person wait list.
VetCAMP accepts rising high school sophomores (age 15+) through rising college freshmen. Applicants must be 15 years or older by the first day of VetCAMP 2023 to apply.
Yes. VetCAMP is able to accommodate traveling, out-of-state, and international students through its Overnight Camp option. VetCAMP coordinates housing for any overnight campers through the University Towers Apartments on Hillsborough Street within walking distance of campus. Overnight campers will live together on the same floor with VetCAMP Overnight Counseling Staff and are provided with evening activities after camp.
VetCAMP Schedule and Cost
The VetCAMP 2023 schedule will be released in January 2023.
Week 1 June 19 – June 23, 2023
Week 2 June 26 – June 30, 2023
The VetCAMP 2022 camp rates are as follows. Please note that prices for VetCAMP 2023 have not been calculated yet and are subject to change.
Option 1: Day Campers*
- Day camper rates are $600.00 for the week. This rate includes lab materials, camper shirts/binders/backpacks, transportation, program materials, and lunch everyday.
Option 2: Overnight Campers*
- Overnight camper rates include the base rate of $600.00 + overnight accommodations + required breakfast package. This total includes lab materials, camper shirts/binders/backpacks, transportation, and everyday lunch, a single occupancy room, and breakfast for Monday-Friday. To reduce the potential risk for COVID-19, VetCAMP will only offer single occupancy rooms for overnight campers.
- A breakfast package is required for overnight campers at $34.10 for Monday – Friday morning.
- Dinner is not provided by VetCAMP. Campers are responsible for purchasing their dinner for each night of camp. Overnight campers will be escorted by Overnight Camp Counselors to restaurants within walking distance of their housing accommodations each evening after camp.
- Overnight accommodations selections:
- Camper rate for a single occupancy room (1 full bed) at University Towers is $171.20 for 5 nights ($600.00 + $171.20 + $34.10 = $805.30 total)
- A linen package (2 flat sheets, blanket, pillow, pillowcase, bath towel, 2 wash cloths) can be added for an additional $27.00.
*Prices are not final, and have the potential to change
Instructions for the VetCAMP 2023 camp fee payment will be sent in the acceptance email to all selected applicants on April 21st, 2023 at 5:00PM EST. Payment for camp is due within 5 business days of the acceptance notification.
VetCAMP does not offer payment plans or scholarships for the application or camp fees.
The VetCAMP application fee is nonrefundable
VetCAMP camper fees can only be refunded within 15 days of payment. Once the cancellation deadline has passed, no refunds will be issued.
VetCAMP coordinates housing for overnight campers through the University Towers Apartments on Hillsborough Street within walking distance of campus. Overnight campers will live together on the same floor with VetCAMP Overnight Counseling Staff and are provided with evening activities after camp.