My main research interests are in germplasm characterization and development of breeding populations, and the utilization of new technologies in association with conventional breeding methods for turfgrass improvement.
Publications – via Google Scholar
CS (HS) 211 – Plant Genetics
While I do not hold a formal extension appointment, the turfgrass breeding and genetics program has a broad group of clientele. As such, my extension activities typically include outreach interactions with sod growers, turfgrass seed companies, and other components of the turfgrass industry.
- Characterizing the growth and winter survival of commercially available and experimental genotypes of St. Augustinegrass ( Stenotaphrum secundatum ), Crop Science (2021)
- Identification of QTL associated with cold acclimation and freezing tolerance in Zoysia japonica, Crop Science (2021)
- Identification of sources of resistance to gray leaf spot in Stenotaphrum germplasm, Crop Science (2021)
- Genotype‐by‐environment interaction for turfgrass quality in bermudagrass across the southeastern United States, Crop Science (2020)
- Multi‐species genotype‐by‐environment interaction for turfgrass quality in five turfgrass breeding programs in the southeastern united states, Crop Science (2020)
- Detection of quantitative trait loci associated with drought tolerance in St. Augustinegrass, PLOS ONE (2019)
- Development of colchicine‐induced tetraploid St. Augustinegrass ( Stenotaphrum secundatum ) lines, Plant Breeding (2019)
- Field and Laboratory Evaluation of Bermudagrass Germplasm for Cold Hardiness and Freezing Tolerance, Crop Science (2019)
- Molecular Dissection of Quantitative Variation in Bermudagrass Hybrids (Cynodon dactylon x transvaalensis): Morphological Traits, G3-GENES GENOMES GENETICS (2019)
- Analysis of St. Augustinegrass cultivars using SSR markers and testing for the presence of Sugarcane Mosaic Virus (2018)