Are you interested in advancing your research by becoming a visiting scholar at NC State?
Follow the steps below to find a mentor in CALS and submit the necessary paperwork. This process takes at least 90 days to complete.
- Find a mentor in your field of research:
- Develop a research plan and set a start date with your mentor.
- Work with mentor and departmental HR to complete and submit completed paperwork to Office of International Services (OIS) at least 45 days before start date:
- Department Logs into Global Home portal
- Mentor Provides:
- Invitation letter
- Confirmation English language proficiency
- Scholar provides:
- CV in English
- Copy of passport
- Proof of funding ($2,000 USD per month)
- Copy of any previous DS-2019s issued in the past 3 years
- English proficiency documents
- Mentor receives completed DS-2019 from OIS and mails a hard copy to the scholar.
- Mentor works with departmental HR to attain log-in credentials for the scholar and submits WolfPack One ID request.
- Scholar makes appointment at Embassy to attain J-1 visa
- When scholar arrives at NC State, mentor schedules OIS check-in meeting and scholar provides: