Turfgrass Breeding & Genetics
Williams Hall 1126A
My main research interests are in germplasm characterization and development of breeding populations, and the utilization of new technologies in association with conventional breeding methods for turfgrass improvement.
Publications – via Google Scholar
CS (HS) 211 – Plant Genetics
While I do not hold a formal extension appointment, the turfgrass breeding and genetics program has a broad group of clientele. As such, my extension activities typically include outreach interactions with sod growers, turfgrass seed companies, and other components of the turfgrass industry.
- Evaluation of South African common bermudagrass germplasm for shade tolerance, International Turfgrass Society Research Journal (2022)
- Fall establishment of zoysiagrass on roadsides in the U.S. transition zone, International Turfgrass Society Research Journal (2022)
- Multilocational screening identifies new drought-tolerant, warm-season turfgrasses, CROP SCIENCE (2022)
- QTL mapping of morphological characteristics that correlated to drought tolerance in St. Augustinegrass, PLOS ONE (2022)
- Using base index for selection of St. Augustinegrass breeding lines evaluated in multienvironment trials for turfgrass quality traits and stress tolerance in North Carolina, CROP SCIENCE (2022)
- Characterizing the growth and winter survival of commercially available and experimental genotypes of St. Augustinegrass, CROP SCIENCE (2021)
- Identification of QTL associated with cold acclimation and freezing tolerance in Zoysia japonica, CROP SCIENCE (2021)
- Identification of sources of resistance to gray leaf spot in Stenotaphrum germplasm, CROP SCIENCE (2021)
- Multispecies genotype x environment interaction for turfgrass quality in five turfgrass breeding programs in the southeastern United States, CROP SCIENCE (2021)
- Differences in proteome response to cold acclimation in Zoysia japonica cultivars with different levels of freeze tolerance, CROP SCIENCE (2020)