My main research interests are in germplasm characterization and development of breeding populations, and the utilization of new technologies in association with conventional breeding methods for turfgrass improvement.
Publications – via Google Scholar
CS (HS) 211 – Plant Genetics
While I do not hold a formal extension appointment, the turfgrass breeding and genetics program has a broad group of clientele. As such, my extension activities typically include outreach interactions with sod growers, turfgrass seed companies, and other components of the turfgrass industry.
- Evaluation of South African common bermudagrass germplasm for shade tolerance, International Turfgrass Society Research Journal (2022)
- Fall establishment of zoysiagrass on roadsides in the U.S. transition zone, International Turfgrass Society Research Journal (2022)
- Multilocational screening identifies new drought-tolerant, warm-season turfgrasses, CROP SCIENCE (2022)
- QTL mapping of morphological characteristics that correlated to drought tolerance in St. Augustinegrass, PLOS ONE (2022)
- Characterizing the growth and winter survival of commercially available and experimental genotypes of St. Augustinegrass, CROP SCIENCE (2021)
- Identification of QTL associated with cold acclimation and freezing tolerance in Zoysia japonica, CROP SCIENCE (2021)
- Identification of sources of resistance to gray leaf spot in Stenotaphrum germplasm, CROP SCIENCE (2021)
- Multispecies genotype x environment interaction for turfgrass quality in five turfgrass breeding programs in the southeastern United States, CROP SCIENCE (2021)
- Differences in proteome response to cold acclimation in Zoysia japonica cultivars with different levels of freeze tolerance, CROP SCIENCE (2020)
- Genotype-by-environment interaction for turfgrass quality in bermudagrass across the southeastern United States, CROP SCIENCE (2020)