Agricultural Law generally describes the federal, state and local laws, taxes and regulations concerning the production, sale, transportation and processing of agricultural food and fiber products of all kinds (crops, plants, livestock, etc.).
Agricultural Law key words and phrases include: Production contracts, Production incentives, Risk management and insurance, Contracts related to sale of and payment for farm products, Food safety, Agritourism liability, Debtor/creditor law, Farm labor, Transportation
The downloadable materials below cover various areas related to agriculture business law.
- Entity Choice for Farm and Forest Transfer Planning. This short narrative explores the various forms of business organization available for business management, liability protection, and transfer of assets.
- What is a “Buy Sell” Agreement? This short narrative discusses the basics of contracts that obligate the disposition of assets upon certain events.
The downloadable presentations below are those delivered at live events throughout North Carolina.
- Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA). Presentation overview of PACA to the NC Sweet Potato Commission.
- Farm Business Legal Structure. Short and simple presentation on forms of business structure. This presentation is designed for presentation by non-lawyers.
- Legal Issues Related to Cow Share Agreements. Presentation to the CFSA Organic Commodities Conference on the status and legal issues associated with recently legal “Cow Share” agreements under the Farm Act of 2018