Area(s) of Expertise
- Reading Literacy
- Agriculture Awareness
- Assessment in Teacher Preparation (edTPA)
Dr. Park was born and raised on a crop and livestock farm in Indiana. Dr. Travis Park understands that working in agriculture is “pleasant as well as challenging.” Growing up in Trafalgar, Indiana, Dr. Park was active in 4-H and FFA throughout high school and served as the 1992-93 National FFA President. Travis earned his BS and MS from Purdue University in agricultural education. While in college, he was active with FarmHouse International Fraternity, Ag Council, Ag Ambassadors and Mortar Board. Upon graduation, he was named the 1996 G. A. Ross Award winner, which recognizes the outstanding male student in the graduating class.
After graduating from Purdue, Travis taught agriculture at Tri-County High School in Wolcott, Indiana, for 5.5 years. He married Lacy in 2000, and the couple moved to Gainesville, Florida, to enroll at the University of Florida where Travis earned his Ph.D. in 2005.
Travis and Lacy moved to Ithaca, New York, where Travis served as an associate professor in the Department of Education, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Cornell University. For eight years, Travis helped prepare outstanding teachers of agriculture for New York and the Northeast. In 2011, Travis was tenured and promoted to associate professor and director of teacher education.
Travis and his wife Lacy have three beautiful daughters, Carson, Campbell, and Colbie. Dr. Park enjoys reading, brewing beer, smoking meat, backpacking, gardening, and spending time with his family.
- Career and Technical Education Research, Editor, 2014-2018
- National Council for Agricultural Education, 2017-2020, President 2020
- AAAE, Southern Region Vice-President 2019-2020
- ESCOP Social Sciences Subcommittee, Chair 2018-2020
- CALS Outstanding Teaching Award, 2018
- CALS Teaching and Advising Committee, Chair, 2014-2017
- NC Ag Ed DELTA, Coordinator, 2015-2019
- NC Teach Ag, Coordinator, 2014-present
- CALS NACTA Teaching Award of Merit, 2017
- Graduate Teaching Fellow, North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture
- NAAE, Outstanding Cooperation Award, 2009
- NAAE, Outstanding Agriculture Program, 2001
- Indiana Association of Agricultural Educators, Outstanding Agricultural Educator, 2001, 2002
- National FFA President, 1992-1993
Primary Teaching Responsibilities
- AEE 426 Methods of Teaching Agriculture
- AEE 427 Student Teaching in Agriculture
- AEE 491 Seminar in Agricultural Education
- AEE 507 Comparative Agricultural and Extension Education
- AEE 529 Curriculum Development in Agricultural and Extension Education
- AEE 530 Priority Management in Agricultural and Extension Education
- AEE 535 Teaching Agriculture in Secondary Schools
- AEE 641 Practicum in Agricultural Education
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Park, T., & Berescik, T. (2021). Natural resources systems. Chicago, IL: Goodheart-Willcox Publisher.
- Whitley, V. P., Park, T. D., Warner, W. J., & Horne, E. T. (In Press). Relationship between agricultural education and career and technical education student teachers’ self-efficacy and edTPA performance. Career and Technical Education Research.
- Curry, K., Warner, W., & Park, T. D. (2018). Exploring the motivations of competitors in the FFA Meats Evaluation Career Development Event. Career and Technical Education Research, 43(2), 149-160. DOI: 10.5328/cter43.2.149
- Park, T. D., Pearson, D., & Richardson, G. (2017). Curriculum integration: Helping career and technical education students truly develop college and career readiness. Peabody Journal of Education, 92(2), DOI: 10.1080/0161956X.2017.1302213
- Curry, K., Warner, W., & Falk, J. (2017, May). Does motivation matter? Examining the relationship between student motivation and performance in Career Development Events. Research paper presented at the 2017 American Association for Agricultural Education national research conference, San Luis Obispo, CA.
- Park, T. D., & Warner, W. J. (2017, April). 10-Week Plan for edTPA Success. Conference presentation to the Southeastern Regional edTPA Implementation Conference, Raleigh, NC.
- Curry, K., Warner, W., & Park, T. (2017, February). The impact of self-efficacy on teacher candidates’ edTPA performance. Research poster presented at the Southern Research Conference of the American Association for Agricultural Education, Mobile, AL.
- Rayfield, J., Smith, K., Park, T., & Croom, D. B. (2017). Principles of agricultural, food, and natural resources. Chicago, IL: Goodheart-Willcox Publisher. ISBN: 978-1-63126-235-7
- Lunsford, A., Warner, W. J., Park, T. D., & Morgan, J. (2016). Agricultural Education Teacher Candidates’ Perceptions of the edTPA. Career and Technical Education Research, 41(3), 213-225. DOI: 10.5328/cter41.3.213
- Curry, K., Warner, W., & Park, T. (2016, December). Motivations of FFA CDE competitors: Predicting performance. Paper presented at the Association for Career and Technical Education Research national research conference, Las Vegas, NV. Outstanding paper presentation.
- Shoulders, C., & Park, T. D. (2016, June). Establishing teaching efficacy through books for agricultural education reading program. Oral presentation at the North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture annual conference, Manoa, HI.
- Curry, K., Szcytko, R., Stevenson, K., Warner, W. & Park, T. D. (2016, June). Environmental literacy and student performance: Lessons learned from a professional development intervention. Poster presented at the North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture annual conference, Manoa, HI.
Ph.D., Agricultural Education, Teaching & Learning, University of Florida (2005)
M.S., Agricultural Education, Purdue University (2002)
B.S., Agricultural Education, Endorsement: Biological Sciences, Purdue University (1996)