Agricultural Teacher Resources
DELTA is a 40-hour new teacher induction program for provisionally-licensed and newly-certified agricultural education teachers. Offered by NC Agriculture Education staff and coordinated by our department, DELTA meets the DPI-sponsored requirement for provisionally-licensed career and technical education teachers.
Teachers must attend all seven components of the program to graduate:
- Regional Fall In-Service Meetings – teachers should attend their respective Agricultural Education Fall In-service Meeting
- Agricultural Education Induction Conference Part I – at the NC FFA Center located at White Lake
- Agricultural Education Induction Conference Part II – at the NC FFA Center located at White Lake
- Monthly Online Video Conference – one hour in length
- Regional Spring In-Service Meetings – teachers should attend their respective Agriculture Education Spring In-service Meeting
- New and Beginning Teacher Summer Session Part III – during Summer Conference
- New and Beginning Teacher Workshop – at Summer Conference
Supervised Agricultural Experience (SAE) is a critical activity for student success and a vital component of an agricultural education program.
Association for Career and Technical Education
This 25,000-member organization is the home for teachers of career and technical education. Student membership is free. To learn more and join, visit the Associate for Career and Technical Education website.