Visit the NC State Admissions website for more information on AP credit and requirements.
Visit the Undergraduate Admissions website under “Freshman” for information on recommended courses, competitive GPA, degree and career paths, AP credits, and the transfer application process. Another link you might find helpful is the transfer equivalency database.
We are asked this question quite often. As part of the UNC System, we follow the same guidelines as the other sixteen universities in the system. Visit the UNC System website for information on minimum admissions requirements. Another helpful resource for learning more about gaining admission is the CALS prospective student guide.
Visit information about visiting NC State on the Admissions website. During the Fall and Spring of each year, the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences offers multiple ways to visit campus other than the walking tour. These “Spend a Day at State” visits give a more in-depth look at our department, the opportunity for an informational session with a faculty member in the Department of Animal Science, the opportunity to sit in on a class, have lunch with other students, etc. It’s a great way to get a feel for who we are and what we do.
We make every effort to accommodate prospective students. Please schedule the walking tour first and then call our office and speak to Jennifer Knoll at 919-515-3028 to coordinate a visit. Please give us 2 to 3 days advance notice.
- Campus tours are conducted at Joyner Visitor Center. For the campus tour, you will need to park in visitor parking at 1210 Varsity Drive.
- After the campus tour, you will need to drive to the Coliseum Deck on Cates Avenue. This is a paid parking deck.
- Once you park, exit the deck on Jeter Dr.
- Turn left on Dunn Avenue. You will walk past Reynolds Coliseum (on your left).
- Cross Dunn Ave and turn right, follow one flight of stairs down, walk through the tunnel, and follow three flights of stairs up.
- Cross Yarbrough Dr. and take a right onto the sidewalk. Make an immediate left into Riddick Hall.
- Take the elevator in front of you to the third floor.
- Take an immediate right out of the elevator, then another right, walk all the way down to the end of the hall, take another right, and we are the last door on the left at 342 Riddick Hall.