The only online Master of Animal Science program in the U.S.
Real courses. Real results.
Master of Animal Science
The Department of Animal Science offers the only Distance Education Master of Animal Science (DEMAS) degree program in the United States. Our program is designed to give students a deeper academic background in the sub-disciplines associated with animal science. You can focus study on areas such as nutrition, physiology, genetics, biotechnology, and animal management.
- A minimum of 36 hours of coursework required
- All required courses and many electives are available online
Many students pursue a variety of fields such as feed manufacturing, animal breeding, meat packing, pharmaceuticals, education, extension services, and private consulting. Others use their degree as a gateway to an unlimited number of possibilities by combining their knowledge of animals and science with technological knowledge.
Undergraduate Certificate in Animal Nutrition
Gain recognition for learning the basics of animal nutrition at the undergraduate level. Students who successfully complete the required courses will learn about livestock, horse, and companion animal nutrition. The undergraduate certificate program provides a strong foundation that can help increase students’ competitiveness for careers with an animal nutrition component, such as feed sales and manufacturing, animal management, pet store operations, and more.
- Four courses are required
- Complete the courses on-campus in Raleigh, online, or in combination
- The university undergraduate certificate is administered by the undergraduate teaching coordinator for the Department of Animal Science