During the five and a half day NC State Livestock Science Camp, you will get a sneak peek of what it’s like here at NC State by staying in a
dormitory, visiting university facilities, and interacting with faculty, staff, and current CALS students.
You will learn about the vast field of agriculture and livestock production outside of the world of veterinary medicine and participate in
many hands-on activities, including:
- Visit beef and dairy cattle, swine, sheep, goat, and horse educational units
- Run laboratory experiments
- Learn about meat quality assurance
- Attend farm and meat processing tours
- Explore the science, technology, and biotechnology of livestock industries
- Participate in leadership activities
And most important, you’ll make many new friends from all over the state of North Carolina.