- This event has passed.
Fall 2023 Agricultural Microbiomes Symposium
October 18 | 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
One event on October 20, 2023 at 8:30 am
Our Fall 2023 symposium will address benefits, challenges, knowledge gaps, ethics, and technological advances important for understanding and translating the enormous potential of agricultural microbiomes into practice. Speakers from academia, extension, industry, and government will engage attendees in panel discussions, with opportunities for networking.
Agenda: (more detailed agenda and confirmed speakers available on the webpage)
Wednesday, October 18th (9:00am – 5:00 pm): Talks and discussions
- Plenary speaker Jill Paulik, AgBiome
- Five sessions with panel discussions
- Beneficial microbiomes in agriculture
- Microbiomes in practice
- Knowledge gaps and future needs
- Tools and tech for harnessing microbiomes in agriculture
- Lunch, poster session, and reception networking
Thursday, October 19th: Training opportunities
- Workshop – Microbiome Analysis in R (9:00am – 12:00pm)
- Field Trip – Microbiomes in Action (8:30am – 12:00pm)
Please register by October 1st, on the seminar website.