“Almanac Gardener,” a popular UNC-TV show featuring gardening experts from North Caroline Cooperative Extension, has entered its 29th season. Segments will highlight community gardening, rain gardens, water conservation, produce selection and preparation — and much more.
Hosted by Mike Gray, “Almanac Gardener” appears at noon on Saturdays and repeats at 11:30 a.m. Sundays from April to August. Here is a list of episode features for April and May:
- April 21: Building and maintaining rain gardens and preparing spring-podded peas
- April 28: Edible landscaping and space-saving herb gardens
- May 5: Identifying wildflowers on woodland walks and preparing fresh broccoli
- May 12: Developing pest control plans and going vertical to make the most of limited garden space
- May 19: Grafting fruit trees and selecting accent plants for shady areas
- May 26: Saving money when buying perennials and managing a backyard creek
Earlier episodes are available online at http://video.unctv.org/program/almanac-gardener/.