A perennial favorite on UNC-TV, Almanac Gardener’s gardening guru Mike Gray, and his fellow experts from the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service at North Carolina State University’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences explore gardening issues and solutions across the state.
Each half hour episode of this long-running, home horticultural series includes expert Q & A as well as on-site video of specialists in action. Topics range from backyard food production, to insect and disease management, landscaping techniques, flower gardening, water conservation, beneficial bugs, saving money in the garden and much more!
There are twenty episodes airing April to August each year and each episode is shown in four different time slots on UNC-TV.
- Saturdays at 12:00 PM
- Mondays at 3:30 PM (beginning 5/16)
- Thursdays at 11:00 PM
- Fridays at 2:00 PM
In 2015 there were 1,683,824 viewers on television and 1,838 streamed the online version. 3,059 viewers participated in a survey identifying how their behavior has changed as a result of what they learned watching Almanac Gardener.
- 98% are better able to select plants;
- 78% have changed how they manage water;
- 81% have changed their pest management strategies;
- 78% have changed the way they fertilize
Please contact Mike_Gray@ncsu.edu if you or your company are interested in sponsoring Almanac Gardener. There are many options and combinations of opportunities to support.
- $30,000/yr includes a 15 sec funding credit at the beginning and ending of each episode;
- $15,000/yr includes name and logo on screen in each episode;
- $6,000/yr includes name in text (no logo) on screen in each episode.