Get a Head Start
We’ve partnered with departments and the agricultural industry to deliver internship programs for students who are hungry for knowledge beyond campus.
The Agricultural Intstitute Internship Program
With generous support from the North Carolina Tobacco Trust Fund Commission, the Agricultural Institute offers a summer, off-campus internship.
This special program reinforces classroom learning through an off-campus experience. It is a great opportunity to gain real-world professional experience while still in school.
We have a two-course sequence to help students learn and apply the soft skills necessary in today’s workplace.
- AGI 191 (Professional Development) — This is a 1 credit hour course focuses on specific employability skills for success at work. This course meets once a week the semester before the internship starts.
- AGI 192 (External Learning Experience) — During the internship, students gain practical, hands-on experience working closely with a mentor who also serves as an industry partner.
- One year of coursework (approximately 30 hours)
- AGI 191 (must pass with a B- or better)
- Application and interview with a prospective employer
- Maintain good academic standing
- Establish a mentor or professional relationship with an employer
Kick-Start Your Career with an Internship
You and your company can connect with student workers to meet employment needs and partner with NC State to enrich the educational experience of future agricultural professionals.
We recommend first reviewing our internship guide for employers for information on hosting an AGI intern at your company. When you’re ready to hire an intern, please post your opportunity in the AGI internship database.