Geri Bushel, the Executive Assistant to the department, provides support to faculty, staff, students, and over 2000 volunteers of the North Carolina Extension and Community Association (NCECA). Geri serves on the department’s leadership team and provides 17 years of institutional knowledge to ensure the success of the faculty and staff in the areas of Teaching, Research, and Extension. As the liaison for NCECA, Geri facilitates the collaboration of the volunteers and extension professionals, to enhance community outreach programs.
Geri’s happy place is in the kitchen. She graduated from the Foodies Training Series at the Culinary Institute of America. This knowledge of culinary arts is shared with Nutrition Educators as they develop and present culinary programs to county extension staff, volunteers, and community partners. She is extremely passionate about improving the lives of citizens in North Carolina and beyond.
Programs and Initiatives
- North Carolina Extension and Community Association
- Dinah E. Gore Teaching and Research Kitchens
- 2019 – CALS Award for Excellence, NC State University
- 2018 – Excellence in Teamwork Award for the Extension Master Food Volunteer Program, North Carolina Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
- 2018 – Outstanding Subject Matter Program by a Team Award, Extension Master Food Volunteer Program, North Carolina Association of Cooperative Extension Specialists
BS Mathematics SUNY College at Brockport
Certificate Leadership Essentials Center for Creative Leadership
Foodies Training Series Culinary Institute of America (CIA)
Area(s) of Expertise
- Community Outreach Programs
- Volunteer Management
- Contracts and Travel System
- Fiscal Management