Virtual VetCAMP Camp Dates
Week of June 17 – June 21
Denied Applicants for in-person VetCAMP will be offered admission to the Virtual VetCAMP week. More details regarding Virtual VetCAMP will be posted soon.
Friday, January 26th at 9:00am EST
Friday, April 5th at 5:00pm EST
Application Fee: $28
Camp Tuition: $175
Dissection Kit (optional): $125 – includes fetal pig dissection and mammalian organ dissection (heart, kidney, brain, and eye), materials and personal protective equipment, detailed lab manuals and supplemental resources/videos.
Applications for Virtual VetCAMP will open January 26th, at 9:00am EST. The application link is available at the bottom of this webpage.
VetCAMP applications are reviewed as they are received. Final decisions regarding acceptance will be sent in mid- to late-April via email to the student and parent/guardian emails provided in the application.
VetCAMP conducts a holistic review of all applications and does not make final decisions until after all applications have been received on April 5th. Applicants can expect final decisions to be sent to all invited, wait-listed, and declined participants after April 19th.
Typically, a maximum of 5 candidates per week are wait listed. In this case, we will contact you by late May in regards to a final decision.
In order to be eligible for this program, all of the following conditions must be met:
- Student must be a rising high school sophomore, junior, or senior. Rising college freshman are also accepted.
- The student must be 15 years old by June 1
- The VetCAMP application must be completed and payment must be received by the deadline (see above).
- Unofficial High School Transcripts must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org if they are not uploaded into the application at the time of completion. Applications without accurate transcripts received by the application deadline will be considered incomplete and be disqualified from the applicant pool.
- The VetCAMP application fee is $28.00 per week that the student applies to be considered for.
- Students will complete one application and mark the weeks that they want to be considered for in the application. The application will calculate the payment accordingly. PLEASE NOTE: Virtual VetCAMP is offered to ALL denied applicants for In-Person VetCAMP. If you apply for ANY week of In-Person VetCAMP, DO NOT select the Virtual Week on your VetCAMP Application. ONLY select Virtual VetCAMP if you are ONLY applying for Virtual VetCAMP.
- Please note that students can only be selected for 1 week of VetCAMP, but applicants that apply to more than 1 week have a greater chance of being accepted as they are applying to be considered for 1 of 80 spots (both weeks) as opposed to 1 of 40 spots (1 week).
- Attending virtual VetCAMP does not disqualify students from attending future in-person VetCAMP sessions, and can strengthen future applications.
- All fields containing an asterisk must be completed and cannot be left blank.
- The entire process can take upwards of 30-45 minutes to complete as you will be asked questions about your personal information, academic information, extracurricular information, and required to provide short essays.
- The application uses a character limit that counts the total number of spaces, letters, numbers, and symbols. This is significantly shorter than a word limit.
The VetCAMP application fee is nonrefundable.
Campers invited to VetCAMP after the application deadline will receive an email invitation to VetCAMP along with the camp fee payment page link. VetCAMP camper fees can only be refunded within 15 days of payment. Once the cancellation deadline has passed, no refunds will be issued.
Any additional questions or comments can be sent to email@example.com
To learn more about VetCAMP and pre-veterinary life at NCSU, sign up to chat with VetPAC during a Spend A Day At State session.
Check out VetCAMP on Instagram- @ncstate_vetcamp
PLEASE NOTE: Virtual VetCAMP is offered to ALL denied applicants for In-Person VetCAMP. If you apply for ANY week of In-Person VetCAMP, DO NOT select the Virtual Week on your VetCAMP Application. ONLY select Virtual VetCAMP if you are ONLY applying for Virtual VetCAMPApply by clicking here!