Area Specialized Agent — Union County Center
Union County Center
Area(s) of Expertise
Serves Anson, Cabarrus, Cumberland, Gaston, Harnett, Hoke, Johnston, Lee, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Moore, Montgomery, Richmond, Scotland, Stanly, Union and Wake counties.
- delivering programs for commercial poultry producers and industry personnel on waste and mortality management, production and housing best management practices, biosecurity and disease prevention and control,
- assisting with embryology, poultry youth and agriculture awareness programs at county and state levels,
- training and serving as a resource to county livestock agents to provide small and backyard flock educational programs and assistance,
- working as a subject matter expert (SME) on composting mass mortalities during disease and natural disaster events,
- serving as co-chair of the Animal Agriculture Program Team and
- mentoring new agents.