The 2019 Executive Farm Management Program wrapped up its first session in Savannah, GA on January 16th and is gearing up for the second of three sessions that are being held in Raleigh, NC and Charleston, SC respectively. Twenty-eight participants representing 22 commercial farming operations met in Savannah for four days of active learning and team projects that focused on strategic planning, HR best practices, and financial management. Guest speakers included Mr. Charles Hall, Executive Director of the Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association, Mr. Chris Logan of the Georgia Ports Authority, and Steve Maxwell and Wade Carter of Highland Ag Solutions.
The program will reconvene on January 27th and adjourn on February 2nd, 2019 in Raleigh. Some of the week’s highlights will include:
- Visit from Dean Linton
- Visit from the General Consul of the Mexican Consulate
- Farm Credit Sponsored Dinner on January 29th
- Visit from Dr. Bonanno
- Social Media Panel Discussion
- Crisis Communications Presentation
- Agricultural Development Forum at Southern Farm Show
- Tobacco Growers Dinner sponsored by Fair Products, Inc.
- Breakfast with the Commissioner at the Southern Farm Show
- Hemp Presentations
- Alumni Dinner with Amazon Fresh lead Michael Huffaker
- UAV Presentation
- H2A Presentation
The program will conclude in Charleston, SC after the participants present their findings to a “shark-tank” style board on February, 20th, 2019.