Applying to veterinary school is a competitive process requiring exceptional time and effort. The Four Year Timeline is designed to provide students guidance and structure in planning their pre-veterinary education and experience. It should not, however, be seen as an absolute or a rigid requirement for each year in college and may be modified in a variety of ways to meet individual needs, circumstances, and goals.
- Register with VetPAC and begin building your portfolio
- Become a member of PVMA (Pre-Vet Club) and/or other animal-oriented clubs
- Meet with your academic advisor and collaborate on a tentative Plan of Work in MyPack Portal, making sure to include required coursework for CVM admissions.
- Develop good study habits and time management skills
- Establish contacts with the faculty in the Animal Science department and across campus – Networking is essential
- Improve your understanding of current events, both veterinary-related and in general
- Find opportunities for volunteer or paid work with animals