What are the qualifications for the Marsha K. Prestage Scholarship?
- NC resident
- From a rural location
- Production agriculture major (Agricultural Business Management, Agricultural Education, Agricultural & Environmental Technology, Animal Science (not pre-veterinary intent), Biological & Agricultural Engineering intent, Extension Education and Poultry Science)
- Leadership in agriculture
- Strong academic merit:
- 3.9 unweighted GPA
- 1200 SAT (Math & Critical Reading combined) or 27 ACT composite
- Applied by October 15, 2017, and marked Early Action on application
- Admitted for freshman admission by January 30, 2018
The Marsha K. Prestage Scholarship application is by invitation only. Students meeting the above qualifications will be invited to apply after the university has extended offers of admission.
I did not receive an invitation to apply for the Marsha K. Prestage Scholarship. Are there other funding options available?
Only students invited to apply for the Prestage scholarship will receive access to the online application. However, CALS has over 325 other scholarships for which we invite students to complete one application for all scholarships. Once students are accepted to NC State University, they can visit Pack Assist to find the CALS Scholarship application on Pack Assist.
I don’t live in a rural county, but I think my location qualifies as rural. Can I still apply?
If invited to apply, you can describe your location and the impact you felt academically due to living in a rural area by your standards.
What part of my student bill does the Marsha K. Prestage Scholarship cover?
The scholarship covers in-state tuition, fees and cost of books for each academic year for four years. The value is about $10,000 for the 2018-19 academic year. The award will be divided evenly between the fall and spring semesters.
I have more questions. Who can I contact?
Contact the CALS Scholarship Coordinator (email@example.com) for a prompt response to your questions.