To qualify for scholarships and other financial aid through the college, students must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the March 1 national priority deadline. We use information in the FAFSA as the financial portion of the CALS Scholarships application.
The FAFSA Application will open on October 1, 2017, for the 2018-2019 academic year. Please submit the application early for optimal consideration during the CALS Scholarship process.
Here are helpful tips on applying for scholarships and financial aid in CALS:
- Plan ahead. The earlier you plan your finances for college, the better.
- Meet the deadlines. Missing university and national deadlines for financial aid and scholarship applications could prevent you from receiving an aid package, or it could decrease the amount of aid.
- Your enrollment status and grades matter. Work hard and take a full-time course load (12+ hours) each semester. If you can not take a full course load, please discuss this with your Financial Aid Counselor and the CALS Scholarship Coordinator.
- File the FAFSA early. FAFSA opens on October 1, 2017. While the priority deadline is March 1, if you file early, our financial aid staff can begin working on your aid package as soon as possible. You do not need to be admitted to NC State to have your financial information sent to us.
- Use 2016 tax return data for the 2018-2019 FAFSA.
- Take your time and answer every question on financial aid and scholarship applications.
Visit the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid for more tips, and information on other scholarships and financial aid available at NC State.