The Poultry Science Baccalaureate-Master’s degree (ABM) program offers Poultry Science students in the Science Curriculum the opportunity to complete requirements for both a bachelor’s and master’s degree within 5 or 5 1/2 years, depending on the choice of curriculum.
The combined degree program was developed for academically advanced undergraduate students at NC State to double count up to 12 credit hours and obtain a non-thesis Master’s degree (MOP) in the same field within 12 months of completing the Baccalaureate (bachelor’s) degree or obtain a thesis-based Master’s degree (MS) in the same field within 18 months of completing the Baccalaureate degree.
To be admitted, students must satisfy the following requirements:
- Completed 75-96 credit hours in their undergraduate programs, including credits earned from advanced placement (AP).
- Transfer students must have completed two semesters as a full-time student at NC State and earned a minimum of 24 credit hours.
- Have a minimum accumulated grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 (out of 4.0) at NC State.
- Students must complete their bachelor degree (BS) requirements on time (by the end of the fourth year).
- Students will generally follow the rules shown below for Masters students.