W. Scott and Mary Dell Chilton Undergraduate Research Award
We’re proud to offer our undergraduate students a unique research award opportunity. Rising sophomores, juniors or seniors with an interest in becoming involved in research with a faculty member in the Department of Plant and Microbial Biology (PMB) are eligible to apply for the W. Scott and Mary Dell Chilton Undergraduate Research Award.
The application deadline for 2023-2024 Research Award is April 3rd, 2023.
- The Chilton Undergraduate Research Foundation will furnish $1,500 in funds.
- Funds are available to awardees as an hourly stipend. The award must be used before the recipient graduates.
- The award may not be used to purchase research supplies or equipment.
- The award may be made for any two consecutive semesters, including summer semester.
- Under special circumstances, awards may be renewed for a second year. However, students must reapply each year.
- The award may be divided among more than one recipient.
- Rising sophomores, juniors or seniors interested in conducting research with a PMB faculty member
- Students must have a department faculty member who has agreed to sponsor them
- Students can be majors in any department, in any of the colleges at NC State
- Recipients are expected to present the outcomes of their work at the PMB symposium or similar venue before they graduate
Application deadline is April 3rd and interviews will be held the week of April 17th.
- Interested students should contact a faculty member to discuss sponsorship and a possible project.
- Once a faculty sponsor and project idea have been identified, applicants must complete and submit the following:
- Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline will not be reviewed.
If you have any issues completing the Google Form application, please reach out to Laura Tuning for assistance:
We announce the recipient at the Spring Ice Cream Social (Date TBD).