- Purpose: Recognize a continuing undergradutate plant biology student(s) for their outstanding scholarship.
- Award: $1500 Scholarship
- Selection: The undergraduate committee reviews all current, continuing plant biology students each year that exhibit an outstanding cumulative and major GPAs, as well as their participation in research and/or teaching. Then the committee votes on the students.
|2019 – Logan Kallam & Anne Pajerski||2013 – Meredith Wojcik|
|2018 – Benjamen O’Hallaron||2012 – Leah M. Elsea|
|2017 – Meredith E. Hemphill||2011 – David M. Higgins|
|2016 – Blake A. Oakley||2010 – Rochelle D. Slrednak|
|2015 – Danielle Y. Young||2009 – Emma C. Lookabaugh|
|2014 – Jake E. Haynes||2008 – Laura L. Sims|
- Purpose: Provide support to undergraduate students who are interested in becoming involved in research with a faculty member in Plant and Microbial Biology.
- Deadline: Varies (often in April)
- Application: For more information on the application process please visit here.
- Requirements: Students must be a rising sophmore, junior, or senior interested in conducting research with a faculty member in the Department of Plant and Microbial Biology. Students must secure the consent of a department faculty member to sponsor them. Students can be in any department in any college.
- Award: The Chilton Undergraduate Research Foundation will furnish funds up to $1500. Funds are available to the awardee as a stipend. The award may not be used to purchase research supplies or equipment. The award may be made for any two consecutive semesters, including summer semester. Under special circumstances the award may be renewed for a second year, however students must reapply each year. The award may be divided among more than one recipient.
- Selection: The Undergraduate Committee reviews all of the applications and selects students to be interviewed in person to discuss their applications. The committee then votes on a recipient of the award, which is announced at the annual Spring Plant and Microbial Biology Ice Cream Social and Award Ceremony.
|Student Recipient||PMB Faculty Sponsor|
|2019 – Aniko Verbrugge||Dr. Candace Haigler|
|2018 – Jessie Maier||Dr. Manuel Kleiner|