- The Chilton Undergraduate Research Foundation will furnish funds of up to $1,500
- Funds are available to the awardee as a stipend
- The award may not be used to purchase research supplies or equipment
- The award may be made for any two consecutive semesters, including summer semester
- Under special circumstances, awards may be renewed for a second year however, students must reapply each year
- The award may be divided among more than one recipient
- Rising sophomores, juniors, or seniors interested in conducting research with a faculty member in the Department of Plant and Microbial Biology
- Students must secure the consent of a department faculty member to sponsor them
- Students can be majors in any department in any college
- Prospective students should contact a faculty member to discuss a possible project.
- Once you have enough information to write a short proposal on the proposed research, complete the Chilton Application via Google Form and, with the faculty member, the Faculty Sponsor Form. The Google Form will require you to upload your research proposal as a PDF file as well as a signed copy of the Faculty Sponsor Form as a PDF file before you can submit your application.
- Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline will not be reviewed.
If you have any issues completing the Google Form application, please reach out to Kayla Telford for assistance:Apply Now
We will announce the recipient at the Spring Ice Cream Social tentatively scheduled for May 7, 2019.