N.C. State University food scientist Dr. Mary Ann Lila will be a guest on “The People’s Pharmacy,” which airs on National Public Radio stations nationwide, on Saturday June 25. The show will also air on Sunday June 26.
Hosts Joe and Terry Graedon will interview Lila on the science behind the health benefits of blueberries.
Lila, director of the Plants for Human Health Institute, studies health-enhancing compounds in blueberries and other berries and works with scientists and students around the world to explore natural products for biomedical use.
The show airs on the following stations in North Carolina:
- WVPM-FM Asheville
- WUNC-FM Chapel Hill, 7 a.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday
- WFAE-FM Charlotte, 7 a.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday
- WUND-FM Manteo, 7 a.m. Saturday
- WRQM-FM Rocky Mount, 7 a.m. Saturday
- WEZU-FM Roanoke Rapids, 7 p.m. Sunday
- WFDD-FM Winston-Salem, 3 p.m. Sunday
- WSNC-FM Winston-Salem, 7 p.m. Tuesday
“The People’s Pharmacy” is an award-winning health talk show. The Graedons are authors of several books and also have a syndicated newspaper column that appears nationwide. They are interviewed frequently on national news shows.