With turkey roasting, a few simple steps will go a long way when it comes to food safety. In a food safety infosheet and four short videos, North Carolina Cooperative Extension food safety expert Benjamin Chapman recommends keeping your hands, utensils and work surfaces clean and cooking the turkey to 165 degrees F.
Dig deeper for more information on thawing, cooking and saving leftovers:
- Holiday Food Safety Infosheet (PDF)
- The Importance of Food Safety (Video)
- Food Safety at Thanksgiving (Video)
- Turkey Preparation and Cross-Contamination (Video)
- Handling the Leftovers (Video)