Mr. Lee Ivy has been a Lecturer in the Department of Horticultural Science since July 2012. His interest in teaching stems from his respect of teachers throughout his life who inspired effort, allowed for challenges, and encouraged high personal achievement.
Childhood experiences with peaches, vegetables and ornamental plants sparked his interest and subsequent love of horticulture.
|HS/CS 101||OLT/TRF/GNA Orientation||1||Fall|
|HS 131||Fruit & Vegetable Production||3||Spring (odd year)|
|HS/PP 144||Weeds & Diseases of Ornamentals||3||Fall|
|HS 162||Landscape Maintenance||3||Fall|
|HS 171||Landscape Construction||3||Spring (even year)|
|HS 200||Home Horticulture via distance-education||3||Summer & Fall|
|HS 201||World of Horticulture: Principles & Practices||3||Spring|
- Coordinator for Horticultural Science Management: Ornamentals and Landscape (requirements) & Small-Scale Farming (requirements)
- Advising for National Collegiate Landscape Competition (Student Career Days)Learn about 39th Student Career Days, the “Olympics of Landscaping”, hosted by NC State University and the Department of Horticultural Science.
- Recruiting for the 2 & 4 –year Horticultural Science student population.
Memberships & Certifications
- International Plant Production Society – Southern Region
- NC Certified Pesticide Applicator
- NC Certified Plant Professional
- Landscape Industry Certified Technician – Turf
M.S., Horticultural Science, NC State University (2001)
B.S., Ornamental Horticulture & Landscape Design, University of Tennessee (1998)