Mr. Lee Ivy has been a Lecturer in the Department of Horticultural Science since July 2012. His interest in teaching stems from his respect of teachers throughout his life who inspired effort, allowed for challenges, and encouraged high personal achievement.
Childhood experiences with peaches, vegetables and ornamental plants sparked his interest and subsequent love of horticulture.
|HS/CS 101||HSM/TRF/FCT+ Orientation||1||Fall|
|HS 131||Fruit & Vegetable Production||3||Spring (odd year)|
|HS/PP 144||Weeds & Diseases of Ornamentals||3||Fall|
|HS 162||Landscape Maintenance||3||Fall|
|HS 171||Landscape Construction||3||Spring (even year)|
|HS 200||Home Horticulture via distance-education||3||Spring, Summer & Fall|
|HS 201||World of Horticulture: Principles & Practices||3||Spring|
|HS 272||Landscape Design/Build||3||Fall|
Co- Authored Textbook:
- Coordinator for Horticultural Science Management: Ornamentals and Landscape (requirements) & Small-Scale Farming (requirements)
- Advising for National Collegiate Landscape Competition (Student Career Days)Learn about 39th Student Career Days, the “Olympics of Landscaping”, hosted by NC State University and the Department of Horticultural Science.
- Recruiting for the 2 & 4 –year Horticultural Science student population.
Memberships & Certifications
- International Plant Production Society – Southern Region
- NC Certified Pesticide Applicator
- NC Certified Plant Professional
- Landscape Industry Certified Technician – Turf
- Certified Arborist – International Society of Arboriculture
M.S. Horticultural Science NC State University 2001
B.S. Ornamental Horticulture & Landscape Design University of Tennessee 1998