Horticultural Science Calendar
New Zealand: A Garden Paradise
- This event has passed.
Thursday, January 10, 2019 through Thursday, January 24, 2019 (Optional Extension at the End Available)
You are cordially invited! Please join me, Mark Weathington, and friends of JC Raulston Arboretum and escape winter on this stunning garden adventure to New Zealand! Together, we will discover first-hand the rich culture and sheer beauty of this isolated island paradise. We’ll cruise Auckland’s spectacular bay, visit gushing geysers, relax in hot springs and learn about Maori history, music and dance in Rotorua. Then we continue south to the capital Wellington. There we’ll visit the excellent Te Papa Museum and stunning Wellington Botanical Gardens. After, we’ll fly south to Christchurch to board the TranzAlpine Express. We’ll ride the rails to Arthur’s Pass and then continue on to Franz Josef town and Queenstown for a spectacular cruise on Milford Sound. January is summertime in New Zealand, so please join me for what promises to be another amazing garden adventure!
- Aukland Botanic Garden and Wellington Botanic Garden
- Maori cultural center and feast
- Summertime garden visits with local gardeners
- A scenic Trans-alpine train journey from Christchurch to Arthur’s Pass
- The geysers and hot springs of Rotorua
- A full day cruising through the fjords of the Southern Island
- Private garden visits with local gardeners
- Three fun-filled days in Queenstown
- The National Museum of Wellington
- A group of like-minded garden enthusiasts
- All with an expert Earthbound Kiwi guide and Mark Weathington
- 15 days/14 nights (when including air travel)
- Group flight departs Raleigh on January 10
- Trip begins in Auckland on January 12
- Trip ends in Queenstown on January 24
- Group flight returns to Raleigh on January 24
- Post-tour extension to Sydney ends on January 27
- Group air option available (coming March 2018)
- $4,999.00 per person, double occupancy (land only); $1,199.00 single supplement (waived if a roommate match is confirmed).
- To register, please visit http://earthboundexpeditions.com/new-zealand/.
- For more information, please contact Earthbound Expeditions at (800) 723-8454.